A good knitting pattern produces a nice finished garment or accessory that is interesting to knit. A GREAT pattern results in a finished item you can't wait to wear or gift, is lovely and impressive to look at, and was a joy to knit!
For me, beautiful stitchwork incorporated into a very wearable (or giftable) piece is easily a GREAT pattern.
Here are some that IMHO fit the bill!
Take advantage of our March coupon code! Enter coupon code KNITMARCH at checkout* to receive 17% off all orders of $8 or more. Expires on St. Patrick's Day 3/17/17. Shop SweaterBabe.com or my Ravelry Pattern Shop.
[left to right; top to bottom:]
1) #241 Evelyn. A modern take on the Fisherman's sweater with up-to-date details and lace within the cables for a feminine touch. Pockets and longer back hem make it extra versatile. Available on Ravelry too.
3) #96 Fancy Cables and Lace Baby Blanket. Gorgeous texture from a pretty lace panel alternated with a simple cable twist, all set against an easy Garter stitch background. The ultimate gift. Pattern now includes 4 sizes! Available on Ravelry too.
4) #240G Kiana Vest. A fabulous double cable frames petite lace leaves down the front and back of this versatile vest. A matching Women's version and Hat use the same cable design. Girl's Vest on Ravelry too. Women's Version on Ravelry. Hat on Ravelry.
6) #167 Simply Divine Baby Blanket. Simple lace interspersed with cables make for a wonderfully textured blanket. Available in multiple sizes if purchased as part of blanket eBook, #eB0003 Blanket Trio. Available on Ravelry too.
* Coupon code KNITMARCH expires 3/17/17, midnight PST. On Ravelry, click on "use a coupon code." At SweaterBabe.com, enter under "Redeem a coupon" on the cart page and hit "apply." Does not apply to previous orders. Only valid on orders of $8 or more. Must enter and apply coupon code during checkout - discount cannot be applied once order is already placed.