What design can I come up with that will allow me to make the most of the yarn's beauty?!
Well, here is the result of many hours of racking my brain to create a piece that justifies the use of such a lovely yarn… Tilli Tomas’ Symphony Lace. The color is Midnight Borealis, which is a stunning shade of purple (or amethyst?) with subtle blue accents in it and lots of sparkly iridescent beads scattered throughout.
This cardigan is a top-down design, lending itself to easy adjustments to suit your needs. I make mine a longer, tunic length with tiny sleeves so it would layer well over a skinny strapped evening dress or a tank and slim pants.
The lace pattern is a lovely open leaf design that I'm very pleased with. The open sections are a wonderful contrast to the more closed center section.
This is a versatile pattern that would work equally well with a simpler yarn. . . ideally still lace weight to really bring out the airy-ness.
Maybe even in cream or white for a summer wedding?
Pattern to be released soon… likely at the beginning of July. Be sure to sign up for my email updates at http://www.sweaterbabe.com to be notified of it's release!
OR Fave it on Ravelry.com so you won't forget about this one! http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SweaterBabe/beaded-tunic-vest
** AND NOW FOR THE CONTEST DETAILS! **
I need help naming this pattern! As you may know, I tend to use long descriptive names for my patterns. . . but this one is defying me. I can't think of a name that will give it justice!
So, to enter this contest, please do one or BOTH of the following by 9pm PST, July 6th, 2012:
1) Use Pinterest to pin this blog post and in the "describe this pin" area, enter #SweaterBabe.com (required, or I won't be able to find your entry!) AND your proposed name. * PLEASE be sure you are on my email list, so that when I announce the winners, you can claim your prize if you entered through Pinterest (as I can't contact you directly).
(If you don't know what Pinterest it, then skip to 2!)
2) Enter a suggested name as a comment on this blog post.
Short names, long names are all good!
After July 6th, the person with the winning name will win a copy of this PDF pattern + 3 months of free membership in the SweaterBabe.com Knitting Club!
I'll also pick 3 random entries to win a free PDF copy of the pattern.
Good luck to all and can't wait to hear the suggestions. . .
*** 7/9/12 ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS! ***
THE WINNING NAME FOR THIS PATTERN IS. . . Whispering Lace Leaves Cardigan, submitted by Dianne Shiozaki through Pinterest. Congrats Dianne! You win the PDF pattern + 3 months of membership in the SweaterBabe.com Knitting Club!
There were SOOO many to chose from, I went ahead and chose 3 runner-ups to each win a copy of the pattern too:
1) Gossamer Trellis, from Loreen O., who posted on the blog 6/25/12.
2) Cascading Wisterias, from Lani Smith, who posted on 6/21/12.
3) Shimmery Midnight Dream, from Susan, who posted on 6/21/12. (pretty name, but when I add "by SweaterBabe.com," it can becomes a bit "adult-only" LOL ;-)
Congrats to all and thanks for a making this such a fun contest!
AND of course, this pattern is now available for all:
See the NEW #141 Whispering Leaves Lace Top-Down Cardigan in the pattern shop!
P.S. This is July 2012's pattern download for members of the SweaterBabe.com Knitting Club. Not a member? JOIN in July and get this new pattern right away as part of your $7.99/month membership!