Texture is everything when it comes to knitting! Whether it's cables knit up in a soft cashmere that begs to be touched or a clean linen blend that is knit up in a simple stitch juxtaposed with a more open lace, the end results are always worth the time and money spent knitting!
Above are some great examples of gorgeous textures you can knit while producing a very useful scarf, cowl, or shawl. And for ONE WEEK ONLY, take 20% off ALL SweaterBabe Scarf, Shawl, & Cowl patterns with coupon code KNITMORE3 entered at checkout*.
Inspiration from the photo above [left to right, top to bottom]:
1. Karrisa. A simple ribbed stitch takes on more dimension when knit in a lush, super soft yarn, like the alpaca blend shown here. Subtle color blocks add interest to the finished asymmetrical shawl. Shop on Ravelry.
2. Fleur. My favorite kind of lace stitch is one that is not very hard to work, but ends up looking like it is! Only simple increases and decreases are used in this all over lace pattern stitch with such pretty results. This shawl knits up nicely with an alpaca yarn and versatile crescent shape. Shop on Ravelry.
4. Luxe Infinity Scarf. Sections of Garter stitch alternate with lace in this very wearable infinity scarf. Choose a yarn with great stitch definition to highlight the beauty of this stitch pattern. Shop on Ravelry.
5. Linen and Lace. Delicate, open lace segments alternate with relaxing stretches of Garter stitch in this angled rectangular shawl. The options are endless for choosing a 3-color combo to complement your wardrobe. Shop on Ravelry.
6. Chalice. Pure silky softness glides through your fingers as you knit this one-ball beauty! A very pretty lace pattern, using only basic decreases and yarn overs, evolves nicely as it runs the length of the scarf. The placement of the decreases and eyelets form curves that evoke the loveliness of an ornate chalice. Shop on Ravelry.
* Coupon code KNITMORE3 expires 10/9/18, midnight PST. Discount only applies to patterns in the Scarf, Cowl & Shawl category. On Ravelry, click on "use a coupon code." At SweaterBabe.com, enter under "Redeem a coupon" on the cart page and hit "apply." Does not apply to previous orders. Must enter and apply coupon code during checkout - discount cannot be applied once order is already placed.