As the situation around us continues to evolve, many of us will be staying home for the next forseeable weeks. Faced with many hours at home, I will certainly be doing a lot of knitting (even more than I already do!) and perhaps you will too? It's a nice, productive activity that helps keep my mind occupied and calm - something that we could probably all benefit from ;-)
I'd also like to do my part to support my favorite knitting shops, as they have had to make the hard choice to temporarily close their physical stores, but are continuing their online shop operations where possible. To that end, please consider ordering your yarn online from these shops (yarn links for the suggested projects are listed below) or your local yarn shop (many have online stores or are offering driveby pickup options).
And through the end of the month, these suggested patterns are 30% off with coupon code SUPPORTLYS entered at checkout. These patterns feature the gorgeous yarns from PurlSoho.com (my local store, which has temporarily closed their warehouse shop nearby and is offering FREE U.S. domestic shipping through 3/31/20) and yarns that are easily available at other online yarn shops that have had to close their physical shops (some links provided below). Let's help each other through this and stay safe.
[clockwise, starting with photo at left:]
- #273 Laguna Ribbed Scarf. [shown above: left] Three hanks of Purl Soho's Flax Down knit up beautifully with this eye-catching ribbed design. The color choices for this yarn are stunning! Also on Ravelry.
- #268 Karrisa Shawl. [top right] A simple diagonal rib is worked for rows and rows in this angled shawl. The stitch pattern is charted and written and is easily memorized for the first few segments of the shawl (the final lace section requires a little more attention). Also calls for three hanks of Purl Soho's Flax Down. Choose the muted color combo shown here, or your favorite color combo. Also on Ravelry.
- #293 Morgan One-Skein Hat. [middle right] This coy and warm hat knits up quickly and very satisfyingly in super bulky yarn and size 11 needles. Each hat uses just one skein of the very popular Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky yarn, which comes in many fun colors. Also on Ravelry.
- #272 Linen and Lace Shawl. [bottom right] A lovely linen blend yarn, Purl Soho's Linen Quill, begs to be knit up in multiple complimentary textures. And with a design that allows you to blend three colors together, this shawl becomes a very versatile pattern. Choose understated, neutral colors, as shown, with a pretty pop of lilac OR go bold with your color choices. Also on Ravelry.
Other patterns to consider:
In Purl Soho yarns: #281 Santorini Shawl (in Linen Quill), #289 Mini Scarf (in Linen Quill or Madelinetosh Tosh Light), #285 Luna One-Ball Cowl (in Flax Down), #278 Monterey Brioche Scarf (in Flax Down),
In madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, available at PurlSoho.com and JimmyBeansWool.com: #290 Hibiscus Coasters, #253 Mirabella Sweater, #256 Adaline Shawl, #230 Marine Layers, #192 Abbot Kinney Shawl/Scarf. (JimmyBeansWool.com is offering FREE flat rate shipping through 3/31/20)
Please let these LYS know that SweaterBabe sent you!
* Coupon code must be entered during checkout for the 30% off of the above patterns. On SweaterBabe's Ravelry Shop, click on "use coupon code" at checkout. On SweaterBabe.com, enter coupon code at checkout and hit "apply." Cannot be combined with other coupon codes and cannot be applied once checkout is completed. Only valid on the 13 specific patterns listed in this blog post. Coupon code expires midnight PST on 3/31/20.