There's a NEW way to promote your knitting or crochet pattern or related product!
In today's market, getting your knitting or crochet pattern or product noticed is a HUGE challenge!
NOW, easily reach over 60,000 knitters and crocheters through SweaterBabe's email newsletters and with a dedicated/custom Ad page on the SweaterBabe website!
[Take advantage of the Introductory rates, which will expire 10/15/15! Ads are booked on a first-come, first-served basis, so book early.]
And be sure to sign up for our Advertisers email list!
From top to bottom:
1) To be named, asymmetrical lace poncho. Bring it! Whether it's a layer over your skinny jeans and tall boots for a run to the grocery, or it tops off a long, lean dress - this poncho is a head-turner that will showcase your knitting skills as well as your fabulous fashion sense!
2) Cables, cables, cables. Always love them, especially when they are presented in a unique, bold, yet understated way. This wide, beautifully cabled, stole is a must-knit and must-have in a cashmere blend yarn.
3) Another view of the poncho. Fringe is in!
4) and 5) A transitional tank in a most gorgeous hand-painted colorway. Angled hem creates a beautiful drape. Gently curved front and back neckline is ultra flattering and the perfect compliment to your favorite statement necklace or pendant.
ENTER TO WIN a copy of your TWO choices (of the above) as soon as they get released!
HOW TO ENTER:
1) PIN any or all of the above images (or any knitting pattern from my SweaterBabe.com site or my from my patterns on Ravelry) to one of your Pinterest Boards. The words "SweaterBabe Knitting Pattern" must be in your Pin description. THEN, enter the Pin's url here as a comment (example: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/181129216239054823/).
2) If you are not on Pinterest, post a comment here telling us which knitting pattern you'd love to get your hands (and needles) on!
All entries must be before 9pm PST, December 10th, 2014.
Then, I'll randomly choose 3 winners from all entries. Each winner can choose TWO of the above patterns to win.
Winners will be announced here on this blog post AND in my knitting email newsletter.
Additionally, I will email winners directly, so please be SURE to include your correct email on the comment posting form.
To be sure you don't miss my winner announcement, please sign up for my knitting email newsletter here.
Winners will be emailed or gifted the TWO pdf patterns they choose (from above) as soon as the pattern is released. If they wish to substitute a different individual pattern from my collection, that is ok too.
WINNERS! Lindsay N., Darlene Demell, and Carol Nunn. Congrats and thanks for entering!
What to Knit for Mom? Check out the current Top-Selling Knitting Patterns:
Here are the HOTTEST SweaterBabe.com knitting patterns right now!
(left to right, top row, then bottom row):
1) #189 Travelling Cables Blanket* -- A recent release! Fabulous for any new Mom (baby blanket sizes) or for Mom (throw size, also included!).
2) #188 Open Hearts Shawlette -- Pretty hearts linked against an open lace background. What says "I love you, Mom" more than that?!
3) #182 Noe Valley Sweater -- The perfect sweater to keep Mom warm.
4) #153 Simply SweaterBabe Top-Down Cardigan -- Top-down, cashmere blend, long, flattering length!
5) #181 Sapphire Lace Shawl -- Lovely lace, versatile shawl shape.
6) #70 Lush and Lacy Cardigan -- HUGE, all-time bestseller for the ultra-feminine Mom.
7) #112 Dramatic Lace Wrap (Top-Down) Cardigan -- For the super stylish Mom.
8) #159 Ultimate Chunky Cables and Ribs Scarf -- Beautiful scarf for a modern, yet classic Mom!
9) #141 Whispering Leaves Lace Top-Down Cardigan -- Beaded, lacy coverup for the Mom that likes to dress up a bit.
10) #190 Kinsley Chunky Scarf -- Modern and bold, for a Mom that is the same!
[This pattern is the April pattern download for members of the $7.99/month SweaterBabe.com Knitting Club (please note that this is NOT the same as being on my free email list).
Not a member? Join by the end of April 2014 to get this pattern right away as part of your membership!]
Short on Time? SweaterBabe has MANY quick one and two-ball projects Mom (and you) will love!
Elegant lace, mixed textures, eye-catching silhouettes, & then some! Here are THREE upcoming patterns for you to preview and then ENTER to win a copy!
Here's a sneak peek at two upcoming patterns that are just off my needles. Guess I was in a beige/camel color mood!
Up first is my new love. It's a cocoon-style cardigan featuring a gorgeous open lace panel in the back. Ribbed dolman sleeves provide a tailored contrast. Then, a striking banana leaf panel is featured in both the shaped shawl collar and optional sleeve cuffs.
This is a special, elegant piece that is wonderful to knit and very striking to wear.
Below, is a little cardigan with a pretty diamond lace pattern stitch. The wide back panel is then divided in half as front panels. A slimming fit allows this to work beautifully with summer dresses and tops, or at work, under a suit jacket.
Plus, it's a seamless, top-down design, so the sleeve length is easily asjusted.
And lastly, is a new blanket design with lovely texture! [NOW Available for Purchase]
This pattern includes 4 sizes, from the Baby Blanket size (shown here) to a Throw size.
What's special about this blanket is the cool combination of Cables and Lace. This stitch pattern is a unique combination of cabling that makes it look like the cables are floating and traveling on top of the lace panels. I call it the #189 Travelling Cables Blanket.
(Don't wish to wait? This is an April pattern download for members of the SweaterBabe.com Knitting Club. Details on joining the $7.99/month club are here.)
AND THE GIVEAWAY DETAILS:
I'll choose 5 winners to win a copy of one of these patterns (their choice of which pattern).
1) Make any pattern purchase from SweaterBabe.com from now until 4/30/14, 9pm PST. Each purchase counts, so multiple orders are welcome. Sorry, but free pattern downloads do not count as an entry.
2) Post a comment on this blog post telling us which pattern you would chose and why and Pin one of the patterns above (use any of the PinIt buttons). Comments and pins must be entered by 9pm PST, 4/30/14. One comment per person please.
Shortly after 4/30/14 I will contact the 5 randomly chosen winners and ask you to chose which pdf pattern you'd like for your win!
*** May 8, 2013 Winner Announcement! ***
The winners are:
Tammy Blondon, who commented here on 4/15/14.
Becky, who commented here on 4/5/14.
Susan B., who made a pattern purchase on 4/19/14.
Carla R., who made a pattern purchase on 4/5/14.
Susan S., who made a purchase on 4/11/14.
Congrats! You've all been emailed and can let me know which of these 3 patterns you choose to be your prize.
The #189 Travelling Cables Blanket pattern is available now.
The #175 Diamonds and Lace Top-Down Cardigan (just released!).
The #191 Tabitha Cardigan will be available late May or early June.
Here are the HOTTEST SweaterBabe.com knitting patterns right now!
(left to right, top row, then bottom row):
1) #182 Noe Valley Sweater* -- Just released, but an instant top-seller!
2) #187 Vivienne Shawlette* -- A QUICK knit with big needles for stunning results!
3) #179 Stolen Hearts Poncho -- What girls want! Sizes 2-16 included.
4) #180 Posh One-Ball Cowl -- One ball, one weekend!
5) #164 Night and Day Eternity Scarf -- Big on texture and style!
6) #123 Sophisticated Boho Eternity Scarf -- HUGE bestseller and a great transitional scarf.
7) #105 Slouchy 2-way Cabled Hat -- Stylish cables and a design that allows this hat to be worn 2 different ways.
8) #153 Simply SweaterBabe Top-Down Cardigan -- Classic, but modern with a very slimming fit!
[These 2 patterns are the February pattern downloads for members of the$7.99/month SweaterBabe.com Knitting Club (please note that this is NOT the same as being on my free email list).
Not a member? Join by the end of February 2014 to get these 2 patterns right away as part of your membership!]
Hope you are enjoying some well-earned time off with loved ones. I know I enjoy this time to catch up on everything, as well as some knitting!
Enjoy a special holiday coupon of 25% off all knitting and crochet patterns at http://www.SweaterBabe.com.
Time to treat yourself!
Be sure to use the 25% off coupon code below on any pattern purchase before midnight PST, December 31, 2013.
Some recent pattern releases to consider:
Here is a selection of knitting patterns from SweaterBabe for you, so you can easily stay on trend with your knitting!
Whether you love cable knitting, cables combined with lace, or cables and some knit/purl textures, you're in luck with these options!
[Left, top to bottom:]
1) #178 Rose Cabled Circular Scarf. Lovely in this striking rose color, but would be very handsome in a sophisticated grey or blue.
2) #161 Chunky Cabled Cowl. An incredibly FAST knit on size 13 needles and in the round!
3) #174 Simpatico Alpaca Stole (or Scarf). Two patterns in one, both with gorgeous cables that wave and travel lengthwise with a leaf lace pattern in perfect harmony.
[Right, top to bottom]:
1) #164 Night and Day Eternity Scarf. Two modern textures combine beautifully to envelope your neck in warmth and style!
2) #125 Luxe Infinity Scarf. Curving, scalloped columns interspersed with garter stitch make for a fabulously interting knitting project and finished scarf.
3) #134 Slouchy Trellis Cabled Hat. Bold intertwining cables and bobbles combine for a very stunning hat.
Enjoy 15% off all orders of $8 or more!
See the coupon details below.
And don't forget to enter the Pattern Naming Contest for a chance to win 3 months of new knitting patterns! Contest ends FRIDAY, July 26th, so get your entries in TODAY!
Here's a pattern suggestion:
Just a quirk of the way I work. I'm able to slip in little chunks of time to knit, but writing up a pattern takes some focused computer sitting time - which is hard during the busy summer months (when I have my 3 kids at home and the weather outside is so nice)!
How are you finding the summer knitting?
Here are the latest items off of my knitting needles. . . light, lacy layers have been front and center in my mind, as you can tell!
Top left is the #171 Extra Spicy Mustard Cardigan. It's a short-sleeved, top-down topper that will add a lot of spice to your closet! A very pretty Vine Lace panel envelops your shoulder with a nice Garter stitch knit-in collar to provide contrasting texture. Then, the body of the cardigan is picked and knit down. Small cables are added to the fronts for a pretty detail.
But the best part might be the back, which has a panel of 4 cables running down, then twisted together to create a nipped in waist. This is a winner of a cardigan coming or going!
Next is this ultra soft, creamy coverup knit in an amazingly soft and silky yarn from Blue Sky Alpacas called Metalico! This yarn gets rave reviews for being so pet-able! Imagine knitting it up and then wearing it against your skin?!
To that end, I knit up this very sophisticated, yet incredibly easy-to-wear short-sleeved cardigan so I would wear it over my skinny-strapped tops and enjoy the softness.
It features a gorgeous curved back hem, lace panels that run vertically for a slimmer shilouette, and dolman sleeves. The open front keeps it casual, but the mulberry silk gives it a subtle sheen that will make this cardigan feel like it could you a small fortune.
And lastly is the #172 Cloudy Skies Scarf, which only uses 2 balls of mohair silk yarn. It has a lovely extended triangular shape that lends itself to being worn many different ways.
The mohair in the yarn gives it just enough substance that it can be "sculpted" around your neck and ressemble a fluffy cloud. Knit it up in a light sky blue, or choose from the many other lovely colors of mohair silk available online or in your stash!
I hope to finish these all soon and release them in the next couple of months as fast as I can!
Meanwhile, how about a contest?? I'm having a hard time naming the Creamy-Colored Dolman Sleeved, Curved Hem one! Help!!
So, to enter this contest, please do one or BOTH of the following by 9pm PST, July 26th, 2013:
1) Use this Pinterest button to pin this blog post and in the "describe this pin" area, enter #SweaterBabe.com (required, or I won't be able to find your entry!) AND your proposed name. * PLEASE be sure you are on my email list, so that when I announce the winners, you can claim your prize if you entered through Pinterest (as I can't contact you directly).
(If you don't know what Pinterest is, then skip to 2!)
2) Enter a suggested name as a comment on this blog post.
Short names, long names are all good!
After July 26th, the person with the winning name will win a copy of this PDF pattern (as soon as it's released) + 3 months of free membership in the SweaterBabe.com Knitting Club!
I'll also pick 3 random entries to win a free PDF copy of the pattern (as soon as it's released).
Good luck to all and can't wait to hear your name suggestions. . .
*** WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 8/9/13 ***
Thank you for all of your creative, interesting, whimsical, and cool name suggestions for this pattern!
It was definitely a challenge to pick the winning name, but here it is: THE WINNING NAME IS. . . Tumbling Leaves, submitted by Florence Solowianiuk through Pinterest.
Congrats, Florence! You win this PDF pattern (when it gets released) + 3 free months of membership in the SweaterBabe.com Knitting Club. [FLORENCE, please email me at info @ sweaterbabe dot com to claim your prize!]
And the 3 randomly chosen winners who will also receive a PDF copy of this pattern are:
- Cheryl Witte (who entered through Pinterest)
- Amanda Mier (who posted on 7/23/13)
- Giselle Dosen (who posted on 7/9/13)
CONGRATS TO ALL!
Take advantage of our one week coupon offer for this Season's most coveted styles - Ponchos and Capes!
SHARE COUPON CODE : PonCape15 with your friends!
Copy this url: "http://blog.sweaterbabe.com/knitting/2012/10/15-off-this-seasons-most-coveted-styles.html" and click on the icons below.